Ownership Excellence is the term we use to describe our differentiated and structured approach to company ownership and value creation. It encompasses the dedicated resources, structured structures and best practices that we provide as an engaged and active owner to drive operational improvement.
Our team engages at all stages of the investment process from sourcing and selection through to eventual exit, developing portfolio companies and strengthening their core capabilities.
of value created is driven by operational improvement
Ownership Excellence projects initiated since 2016
in earnings improvements to date
awards for operational excellence
Proactive Sourcing Model
Sector focused investment selection
Systematic approach with sector specific value creation themes and dedicated operations team supporting portfolio companies
Structured approach on exits –integrated across the firm
- Track businesses for several years before investing
- Deeply rooted local presence and close relationships with advisors and banks
- Proactive approach to building relationships with shareholders, boards, management teams
- Focus on proprietary and exclusive situations
- Capitalise on structural or trend shifts and minimise reliance on macro trends or the prevailing economic cycle
Nordic Capital's Operations Team includes professionals with deep industry knowledge and experience. Their role is to support and ensure the consistent application of best practice across the investment portfolio.
Strategic HR and Portfolio Talent Development
In-house expertise drives management assessment, leadership development and recruitment within Nordic Capital’s companies.
Industrial Advisors Network
A network of 100+ industrial advisors, including Operating Chairmen, industry and functional experts, is connected to Nordic Capital.
Cross Portfolio Initiatives
Delivering value from procurement, commercial excellence, digitalisation and other efforts across the portfolio.
Portfolio company governance, based on a set of best practices, is an essential part of Nordic Capital’s value creation model. A dedicated Sustainability function promotes best practice in environmental, social and corporate governance within our Funds as well as the portfolio companies.
- heading EXIT HIGHLIGHTS (1989-2018)
- 83 exits since inception
- 18 IPOs in the Nordics and UK
- 37% of exits to strategic buyers